Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Monday, November 27, 2006

Working Through The Noise

I had a couple of errands to run on the way to work this morning so it wasn't an early start. Lying in bed contemplating having to get up and do them on the way to work filled me with little excitement. So, I used some of my owed time and took a holiday on Flex - one of the few benefits of working where I do.

I used my time wisely, doing some tidying and cleaning before picking up Laura later from school. I began work on my GDR for next year. I think there are going to be some heavy accents on particular areas of my writing next year, and a more obvious move to making fiction writing the main focus.

Working in the evening didn't come as easily as planned. All my thinking throughout the day had led to a swell of ideas as to how I was going to take the next stage of the manuscript forward. I began writing and it all came rushing out. I had the first 1k down within half an hour. Then the banging started, and the scraping and the glorious noise of slamming doors alongside the fun of seeing expensive heat rushing out of the wide open door to be replaced by its freezing cousin rushing in to replace it.

The noise was still going at 10pm. God knows how Laura got to sleep. Will it ever end? Who knows. Sometimes it seems like it has always been there.

Regardless of the headache I managed to pass the 60k mark, so the train rumbles on.

NaNo words today: 2177

NaNoWriMo Progress

Colin 7:39 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment