Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Friday, November 24, 2006

Back on Track

I'm back on track. I was up at 5am sharp and writing by 5.20am. By the end of the day, with the day job in between, I had managed a little over four thousand words. I'll be unable to write anything tomorrow what with a wee visit to my friends house, so I'm aiming high for the end of NaNo thereafter - 3k for the final four days with 5k on the final. That would take me to 74k on the manuscript. That would leave me with only 26k to the end of the novel - story permitting - to be written by Christmas.

It can be done!

Only problem is I'm running out of story again. I may have to write to the end then go back and add some new scenes. It's actually got quite complicated when I look back. It switches between the protagonist and the police quite a bit, and as I reach the excitement of the revelations, there seems to be more of them. It feels like it is adding to the suspense of the plot though, which may also explain the ease at which the words are coming, but only time will tell.

I've already had a couple of offers for beta readers, so it looks like the excitement is spreading.

Check out this guy. He gets jailed and escapes because his girlfriend hasn't contacted him. When he turns up at her house he finds she's four months pregnant to another bloke! Had to laugh.

For an interesting wee video animation using album covers (two Madness), click here.

NaNo words today: 4075

NaNoWriMo Progress

Colin 9:12 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment