Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Monday, June 19, 2006

Laugh?

Foolishly I set my alarm for 6am. Such was my exhaustion and out of sync body clock, I slept right through it. I never even heard Laura getting ready for school, which is usually enough to wake the dead in Seafield Cemetery.

I rushed to work, annoyed that I had not time for a coffee. Then it hit me how much I hate this place. I had forgotten somehow, despite spending my Saturday night encased in its prison-like walls, how much dread overcomes me as I approach the building, like shadows of doubt and terror, creeping up as if spawned by the Grim Reaper himself.

Overkill? I think not.

I sent off my crit to my pal who's manuscript I read. I must say it was a valuable exercise for me and I am honoured and thankful for being given the honour of beta-reading it. I would not be at all surprised to see the book on the shelves some time in the near future. I keep meaning to ask her if I can say what the book is. I'll do that tomorrow.

I was authorised to join a Yello mailing list so my first email was to try and find contact details for Dieter Meyer. Hopefully somebody knows something.

I spent a large chunk of the evening working my way through the Writer's Handbook for possible publishers of Stella. I dug out 20 strong possibles, three of which are e-publishers. Two of the traditional publishers are extremely good fits and will be first on the query list. I need to draw up query letters and a synopsis for the novella - task for tomorrow.

A new series of Still Game started tonight. Laugh? I nearly shat myself!
Colin 12:12 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment