Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Working Boy

Such a busy day.

Gail was away early to Glasgow for my sister, Fiona's, Hen party. This left me to do the housework and everything else. Not that I was complaining, it was just the though of having to go into work for 7pm tonight that ruined what could have been a good day.

I took Laura to dancing as usual then headed for a cappuccino and pastry in my usual place. It was far too muggy for clothes to be worn outside, but such is society I am compelled to cover up my nakedness with cloth and string. Don't worry, I am not about to turn into a naturist, though on days like this it's about all I think about doing.

A quick visit to Dofos for a rabbit brush and then into the fish shop. I ended up buying a couple of beautiful Tiger Oscar's. I found out when I got home however, that they grow to over a foot long and have an incredibly aggressive streak. I should "expect fish to start disappearing overnight" according to my Dad. I put them in the tank and while they weren't shy, no blood has been shed as yet. I'll be keeping a close eye on them that's for sure.

I did all the housework and headed back into Leith to run more errands. I dropped off Laura at her Grans for the night on the way back and headed home to get some sleep before tonight's night-shift. Not before giving the rabbits a brush through with protective anti-lice powder, clipping their nails, grooming them, cleaning out their hutch and hanging out the washing.

I went in to work for about 7pm and had my dinner at my desk; Mexican chicken roll, crisps and a bottle of Irn-Bru. Sad eh? Actually it wasn't all that bad. I took my copy of Catch-22 in and also my mini-TV so I could watch the Italy v USA World Cup match. I finally got home around 4.30am and had a cup of tea to wind down before trying to sleep at 5am.

Onto other matters. I received a tip from a friend about an interesting children's market. It's a website with links to specific children's magazines that may just be a suitable home for some of my kid's poems.

I need to catch up on all my blog reading. I've lost the plot slightly during the last week and I need my blog-fix to get me up to date. I wrote up some catch-up entries on my own blog; something that has been lacking of late, and added some more touches to the poem I will be reading at my sister's wedding.

Oh, and I found an active forum for fans of the band Yello. I registered to join and once accepted I'll ask if anyone knows the whereabout of Mr. Meyer.
Colin 11:18 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment