Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Monday, March 27, 2006

Stella Completed

Back tae work. Wonderful.

It rained for most of the day, not just drizzle or the usual showers, but a real long, hard, endless downpour. And me in my thin jacket, walking home. Tomorrow will be worse because there is a national strike of Council workers. Something to do with pensions and of course Lothian Buses have jumped on the bandwagon. So I'll be walking to and from work no matter what the weather throws at us.

Nothing happened today that's really worth mentioning other than I had a nice dinner when I got home - a lovely fancy salad made by Gail.

I wrote extensively on Stella and am delighted to announce the manuscript is now complete. It comes in at a surprising 13,000 words (7k less than expected) but it was a hard one to call. It's going to require some major editing and padding out though so I do expect it to swell over the enxt couple of weeks.

The plot turned on itself forming really neat twists as I wrote it, but it means there are a lot that do not match with earlier passages in the story. There are large gaps but also some great opportunities to lead the reader on and have them wondering what on earth is happening before the resolution. I'm very happy with how it has turned out. I listened to the songs from the album and associated the tunes to each chapter and it is definitely coming out like I imagined.

I did more reading on my friend's manuscript and watched a quick episode of Still Game to give me a wind down after it all. Roll on tomorrows travel fiasco.




For more information about Fringe Fantastic, please go to the website: http://fringefantastic.colingalbraith.co.uk

Colin 1:43 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment