Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Getting Lazy

The weather is being a total pain just now. Once again I wore my light jacket to work. The weather was mild, bordering on warm, clear blue skies and very pleasant. By the time I left the office it was overcast and a snow drift had worked in from the east. I was soaked and freezing by the time I got home.

Remember the box of books I ordered four months ago and that never showed up resulting in my publisher sending me an identical replacement order? Well it arrived today! Double the books for half the price can't be bad. I need more stock though if I'm to make any impact at the festival. The only problem is the money needs to come from sales so it's going to be a fine balance.

Still feeling a bit withdrawn. One of the guys I work with burst out laughing when I walked in the office. When I asked what was up, he said he had never seen me looking so grim-faced and angry.

And I only thought I was frowning because of the thought of another day in this place! I suppose my stubble isn't helping my appearance either; I've not shaved in over a week.

I had a hankering for black pudding all day for some reason. No idea why this particular craving hit me but I could really have gone a big chunk of it for my dinner. Instead I settled for some scampi before heading to snooker.
I enjoyed my pints tonight; they went down a treat and I won 5-3 into the bargain.

Bit pissed off at the laziness that's crept into my writing. There's been too many ready excuses to put things off and do other things. I need a kick in the arse before the end of the month as I still have lots to complete.




For more information about Fringe Fantastic, please go to the website: http://fringefantastic.colingalbraith.co.uk

Colin 4:21 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment