Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2005

No Writing

It was a slow, slow day. Work itself was not bad from the point of view I got to wind a couple of folk up who are constant non-performers. In response to a particularly hard-line e-mail I sent one guy, he rang me up and said, "I was going to email you this but I couldn't find the words."

So I asked him; "What did you phone me for if you have nothing to say?"

He was a tad upset. But so he should be; he wasn't doing his job correctly and was trying to deflect it onto me. No chance buddy. I play it by the book, right down to the wording of requests and procedures. There are millions of pounds of other people's money that go through the systems I maintain and I am not going to be the fall guy for your mistakes.

This is why people who do try this tactic, usually walk away with a limp and ruffled hair.

I've stuck to my eating plan; in fact, I've cut out more than I was hoping. No bread or pasta or anything similar has passed my lips. Less sugar and salt, and more goodness. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day though - will I got to Clark's at lunch? And if I do, can I get through it beerless? I need to go a couple of weeks off the bevy if I am to stand a chance.

Didn't get through any writing at all. I had to make a family sacrifice and although necessary, it has thrown my quest to finish Hunting Jack by end of the week back a couple of days. Pressure is mounting but if I can get a couple of solid hours each day from tomorrow through to Sunday I should be able to make it.

My writing group's website is down again for upgrading, as is my poetry forum. It's weird being cast loose from the group of people I have come to regard as my friends, but with email we are but a click away. Hopefully it will be back soon.
Colin 3:13 pm

2 Comments:

Seems the forum has been deleted for the moment. The withdrawals are starting...
*shaky hands, shaky hands*
;-)
That word deleted sends daggars to my heart and elicits the DT's like Lara refers to in the comment above. As a new one here, I was about to inquire which poetry and writer's forum?

I'm interested in feedback. If it comes back, please let me know! Thanks

Add a comment