Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Time And Technology

I got up, had my breakfast, ironed my shirt and got showered. Then, at the last possible minute, decided I had earned a day to myself after the last week and a half of hecticness.

So I phoned work to tell them I was extending my holiday by another day. Hey! I need to take them before March 15th or I lose them so what they gonna say?

I spent the morning writing, continuing my work on Hunting Jack from yesterday. The mail arrived with a clatter and I knew it was something heavy'ish. My suspicion was confirmed when I opened the brown envelope and found the paper copy of the first issue of KIC Magazine. My first official time in print with a theatre review of We Will Rock You and the first of my website development columns.

It looks fantastic, and I'm proud to be a part of it.

I surprised Gail at work by turning up to take her out to lunch. She was happy to see me (I think) and I took her to Giuliano's Italian restaurant on The Shore. We had pasta followed by coffee and hot chocolate so she went back to work well chuffed.

I went home and got fired into the writing- on my own - with no distractions - total and utter peace. I could finally concentrate fully and thoroughly immerse myself in the world I have created for Hunting Jack.

Gail picked me and Laura up after work and we drove out to Kinnaird Park – a shopping estate near Portobello. While they went looking for school clothes I nipped into PC world and picked up myself a CD/DVD writer and some blank disks. I’ve needed one for so long and when I got it home I installed it and burnt off some redundant data onto disk – saving over 1 Gb of space in the process!

I also bought a USB storage key which is going to prove invaluable when transferring large files between PC’s. Things like research and web files or stuff related to my writing. It is also going to be handy when talking to clients about websites. Instead of giving them a link to check out when they get home of all my web templates, I will be able to use this device to carry 256Mb of websites around in my back pocket.

I played around with my new technology then got back to the writing. It was flowing nicely and I didn't want it to stop.
Colin 12:55 pm

1 Comments:

How exciting to be in print! Doesn't it give you a thrill? Congrats Col!
:-)

Add a comment