Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Early Valentine

Laura kindly got up at 5.45am, but despite me trying to convince her it was still the middle of the night, she wouldn't budge. So I let Gail lie in as long as possible and got Laura sorted with breakfast and entertainment. This left me time to clean the house for the afternoon viewing - I polished the house from roof to floors all in 3.5 hours. Not bad going for one so un-domesticated as me. Ahem.

The viewing went well. We had a return visit from Thursday night and two others sounded positive. By the time it had all died down it was after four o'clock and I was shattered from being up so early and all my household duties. I went for a kip while Gail went out to see her sister-in-law for an hour.

Some emails came in from KIC; I've got another winner to my Hunting Jack competition, taking my total to 9 running subscriptions. It was 10 but I think i've lost someone. It's going well and hopefully after this week it will increase even further.

We dropped Laura off at her Grans for the day since she is also staying over tonight and tomorrow. This meant Gail and I could actually do something together for a change - and call it a small Valentines Day celeb come early. With two days still to pay day we couldn't do anything fancy so there would be no romantic dinners or gestures this year what with the new house purchase. We plumped for a mix - dinner AT the cinema!

We booked in for a comedy - Meet The Fockers - not as good as I hoped but still a good laugh, which is all we wanted really. The cinema was practically empty when we arrived and the girls at the food counter had cooked too many hot dogs so they were giving them away. Clutching armfuls of cheap food we were two of only six others in the theatre. As usual I spilt my Coke on my shirt and jammed a pop corn kernel in between my two front teeth - so annoying. Gail laughed more at that than the film itself!

It was so good to be out without having to rush home for the babysitter or worry about the next morning's school run. Not that I'd change anything, but those were great days.
Colin 11:23 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment