Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving

To all my American writing buddies who celebrate it.....



(While I was searching the net for that Thanksgiving banner I also found this under the heading Thanksgiving Gobbler...)



Well I thought it was funny.


Anyway.

Nobody here (UK) celebrates Thanksgiving (although Sainsbury’s have reported Pumkin Pie simply walking out the door), but I like the message behind it; be thankful for what you have and love your family. It’s a nice sentiment and maybe there is something us lot can learn from it. Obviously if we adopted it as an official holiday it would mean a couple of extra days off work, but think of the value’s it would instil in our young!

So I got to thinking; what am I thankful for? I made a list...

I discovered the art of working through exhaustion today – and I believe it IS an art. After several nights of insomnia and last night’s lateness in getting to bed (though I was out quick thanks to the hops), I feel absolutely knackered. The problem is, I still had some things on this weeks Must Do List that I promised myself I would have completed.

So I fought through the pain and turned in the completed Theatre Review and redrafted the Website Column for KIC Magazine. I also completed the artwork for the column headers and sent them in as well. The Website logo is really good, classy and modern but I’m not so sure about the theatre logo. It’s an embossed picture of the inside of a theatre with the header in yellow bookman – I’ll see what my Ed thinks – it’s easily changed.

I was catching up with my notebook entries and came up with two ideas for short stories and tidied up my desk of notepapers and cutouts from newspapers and magazines. It’s funny how this stuff builds into a mess so quickly and yet within it there are diamonds of ideas and inspiration for future stories.

Then I had an early night – and boy did I need it.


Colin 11:00 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment