Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Not Much Of A Blog Entry, I'm Afraid

Im, struggling to write today's entry. I usually write my Blog during the day, adding to it when thoughts occur or an event happens. Then I publish it the next morning. Problem is, as I type this, I am at home sick. Of course, you shall have to wait until Thursday's entry to reab about it!

I had plenty to write about today, the seventeenth of November, like the fact I was annoyed at having to take a night off writing. Snooker night you see, but this is the way of the world. There is work that needs attending to on Hunting Jack, like the fact I realised now I have developed the history, he has a date of birth. Having a date of birth means the story now has a time frame and I have had to alter a couple things in future issues.

I received an email pointing me in the direction of a freelance writing job opportunity. It's very interesting, so I started to build the application from work. And why not? I think it's about time I started to develop a plan. I have had a good year with my writing - much better than anticipated - but if it's going to be a career I should start to plan the finer details.

I also receieved some excellent feedback from one of the Senior Eds of NFG Magazine over my short story, Daffodils. Fingers crossed, because it looks to have caught their collective attention. It may need a redraft based on some of the feedback but I have my fingers crossed for this one.
Colin 11:32 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment