Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Sick As A Parrot

I felt reasonable when I got up this morning. Had a few beers last night, won at the snooker and went to bed feeling fine, normal even.

When I woke up, I still felt okay. I ironed my shirt, jumped in the shower, then started to feel a rumble in my tum. The shower never got completed - I made it to the sink for the first wave of chunky carrot and lime soup. For the second wave, the toilet bowl itself got the treatment.

Gathering myself from the shock, I called work. "Don't expect me," I said. "Just as well," said Roger. "Because I've got the flu."

I crawled back to bed and slept in patches throughout the day, getting up to be sick in between.

By early evening I was able to check my e-mail and do a Blog but that was all. By night time I managed a sandwich but still had cramps in my stomach.

And that was my day really. Sad and pathetic, with me lying in bed thinking what a waste of a day.
Colin 1:28 pm

2 Comments:

Devon, is there anything you can't fix? (just glad you didn't recommend moleskin this time ;)

Hope you're feeling better, Colin. Why "sick as a parrot"? I've never heard that expression before.
Colin, I hope you're feeling much better very soon. It's yucky to feel like that.

Add a comment