Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Friday, November 26, 2004

Pre-Christmas Night Out

9am - Woke up. I slept in, though I wasn’t late for work – just later than I wanted to be, but I did get a cracking night’s kip. All this insomnia finally caught up with me and I had my head down by 11pm last night and. 10 hours of some pretty weird dreams and foggy brain shenanigans.

I dreamt I took several gulps of lemonade out of a bottle, but when I looked at the container to see why it tasted flat I realised I had drunk thick bleach. Suddenly the smell from the chemical started to fill my nostrils and my throat burn from its razor sharp taste. I ran to the toilet to try and be sick but my stomach just convulsed, unable to bring it up. It was then I woke up coughing with a horrible feeling in my stomach.

Now, two questions must be asked at this point. 1) What does this mean? 2) Is it possible (like drowning dreams) to kill yourself during a dream like this? I may have to investigate further because this was as vivid as it gets.

10:00 - And as such is the way in the office I did bugger all. Not a whisper of work. Well – I altered some blokes system setup for a tool we support but it was hardly brain surgery.

12:00 - Hit Clark’s Bar with Dave and Tom and enjoyed three of Mr.C’s finest jars of Lager.

14:30 – Back to the office with a cup of Butterbean and Leek soup and a tuna roll. A voice message was waiting for me, left by Gail earlier on when she must have tried to call.

“Not at your desk then?” she said.

“You’re probably in the pub with Dave. Say hi to him. When you grace the Company with your presence please call me about tomorrow’s baby-sitting duties when I am out partying and you won’t be.”

I love her so much. :-)

16:00 – Back to Clark’s Bar (yes, they are sick of the sight of us) for some more of Tennent’s finest drink, and Edinburgh’s finest patter. Dave was due home about 5.30pm to bath his baby girl, but after some intense negotiations over the phone from the bar, persuaded his wife Isla, to take the reigns for the evening too.

19:00 – Back to work. Still had no dinner though I am regretting offering to do this shift now. I would much rather have been back in Clark’s with the lads but I’m what you might call a “money grabbing bastard” so hey – what can you do?

20:00 – I was leaving the office when I met up with one of the Operators and we went to Clark’s for a pint. He headed home so I went round to Hamilton’s where the rest had gathered.

21:00 – Arrived St. Vincent’s Bar and I won in a 15 round game of Killer Pool. I was accused of pilfering bottles of beer from an aggressive Cockney who ended up getting on Zander’s nerves a well. He soon calmed down though.

00:00 – Made it home. No bread left so I couldn’t have a cheese sandwich. I think I remember eating fish fingers and tomato soup – a strange combination I know. Crawled into bed and probably snored a lot.
Colin 11:16 pm

1 Comments:

heh heh.. Colin, I loved today's entry. It made me giggle. :-)

Add a comment