Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Sunday, November 07, 2004

An Uneasy Calm

I was rewarded with a lie-in this morning, justly so I think given my efforts on the domestic front yesterday. I rose lazily, had brunch lazily and eased ever so comfortably into the early afternoon with a coffee and toast.

Once more I found the house to myself when Gail took Laura round to her Grans. I was invited this time, but refused on the grounds that even though I like my in-laws, I don’t feel the need to see them every day. Besides, I just wanted to write.

I spent the afternoon working on and completing issues 22 through to 26 of Hunting Jack. I had a bit of reading to do concerning some factual points but I got them all done and I now have Jackie in a wonderful position. He is at a point where he is taking decisions and forcing himself to act more rather than go with the flow. I have even managed to write in a Scotland versus England football match – which is great fun to do.

Looking back, the story has come on leaps and bounds and Jackie himself is developing into a likeable character, but with an edge. He has his flaws like everyone else and they are beginning to show. At the same time though, he is getting visibly stronger.

I have yet to write a single word for NaNoWriMo and I can feel a backlog building again. I should write it all down on paper and use it as a work tracker. I think I will do that tomorrow at work.

I feel very calm today, focussed and relaxed. Feeling like this is nice, welcome even. But it always feels like a calm waiting to be disrupted. Storms are everywhere, we just don’t always see them coming, and I am always suspicious when the winds and rain die down just a bit too suddenly. As if they know something I don't.
Colin 10:58 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment