Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Think Ozzy Osbourne - But Blonde

I relaxed all day. I got up late, made some coffee and went back to bed. Total and utter laziness I know but as with all great nights out (see yesterday), there is a price to be paid and I paid it big style. I watched some snooker, read a bit of The Prison House by John King, watched the TV as the football scores came in, and all from the comfort of my bed. when I finally got up, it was time to get ready to go to a 30th birthday party in Edinburgh. I could have done without it, but Gail had some friends from a previous life attending and so my invite had to be fulfilled.

Maybe it was because of the previous night, but I couldn't get into the flow of it. Despite this being my fourth night out on the trot (unheard of since I left bachelorhood), I struggled at times to be involved. The population was mostly women which didn't help (something else that wouldn't have mattered back in bachelorhood), and I found myself talking to the only male in the place at the bar. Ben, partner of Carol - one of Gail's other friends - had just got back from the Hibs game and had been drinking all day. He made no sense at all, but his patter was extremely funny. He could best described as an extra from Braveheart with his long blonde curly locks and haggered appearance, he made quite a contrast to the rest of the party go-ers. Think Ozzy Osbourne but blonde!

Eventually Carol took him home in a taxi and returned to the party shortly after. Happy that Ben was safely home in bed and unable to do himself any damage, she relaxed and got up to dance. An hour later, in walked Ben, casual as ever after having got out the taxt and walked through Edinburgh back into the party. He eventually fell asleep, only bouncing back into life when Bon Jovi came booming through the speakers.

So no writing was done at all. The nights out are finished for now and I simply must concentrate on Hunting Jack and moving forward with my other projects. I won't feel guilty though - I haven't had such a good time for ages!
Colin 8:25 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment