Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Digital Penetration and Yellow Wellies

Happy Birthday to me! Yup - Chas Smash aka Mr.G aka Colin is now 31. My daughter came into the room at 7am with all my pressies and cards. She got me the newly released 18 Rated Godfather DVD Collection ("she's only 7 - how did she manage that?" I asked) and a few other bits 'n' bobs. My In-Laws got me a nice big bottle of Malt Whisky. That's one present that shall not be wasted. My wife paid for the renewal of my subscription of Writing Magazine which I read every month. She said she wanted to get something I would appreciate, which considering her original idea was to get me a session with a qualified Colonic Irrigator (I kid you not!) I am quite pleased with. Now - I may be an open minded person, with grand ideas and considerations, unashamedly straight and yet equally non-biased on homosexuality, but when I think what she was willingly going to put me through, something primitive comes out of me (and I don't mean the obvious double entendre). I am a Scottish male, and as such have an in-built mechanism which starts to ring in my head when anyone mentiones the idea of inserting any form of digitallia into my anus. Sorry - but it's out of the question - I saw what happened to Johnny Knoxville on Jackass. Thank God for Mario Puzo!

On the way to work I saw a woman with a dark raincoat covering her business suit. She was about mid-thirties, dark hair, professional, wore make up and over all, not at all unattractive. As she walked towards me I noticed her yellow wellies sticking out from underneath her trousers, and could I take my eyes off them? No, and I nearly knocked a man off his bike.

I didn't get anything done on my writing at all today, so that has left me feeling a bit frustrated. I managed to dilute these feelings when my wife took me out for a birthday meal. We went to a nice wee Italian by The Shore in Leith. It's more of a family place which is why we booked it but the wean is still not well enough to come out so it ended up just being me and Gail.

Tomorrow it is back to the grindstone. With all the promotional stuff I am doing for now out of the way, I need to get back to HJ and get the story moving again after a couple of days respite. I wonder what he's been upto....
Colin 10:39 am

1 Comments:

So, Gail didn't take the hints for the Star Wars trilogy and you ended up with the Godfather DVD's. Could have been worse though, much worse by the sounds of it!
Personally, I am more of a knee high boots man, myself, but if yellow wellies floats your boat...

Add a comment