Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Lethargy

I felt fully recharged this morning somehow, which is an odd feeling to have on a Thursday. Normally I have a fuzzy head after an evening at the snooker table with beer, but today I feel raring to go. I think it is because I got some good writing done the first two nights of the week and worked late to achieve it. Being so tired yesterday and not writing for an evening has rolled everything back and I can see the plot clearer, and what I know is wrong with issues 22 and 23. Well there isn’t much wrong, but I need to edit them more so that the next scene – which is a major one – rolls along effortlessly.

I saw an advert up on the noticeboard in my office advertising a second-hand book sale that the guys in the mailroom are running. For a small donation to the company charity fund, you can take your pick of book. And then an idea hit me. I emailed the guy running it to see if he thought it would be okay for me to insert some of my fliers for Hunting Jack into the books (a charity donation on my part would be made), so when anyone bought one there would be a chance they would at least check it out on the website. There’s only about half a dozen people a day buying books, but that’s 30 a week, and if just one of them subscribed to HJ it would be worth it. We shall see.

By the time I got home the previous late nights started to catch up on me. I found it hard to get in gear, stopping and starting and by 9om I was struggling to keep my eyes open. I could not concentrate or get motivated at all despite sitting in front of the laptop knowing what I have to do. As a result it was a non-productive evening and I am pretty annoyed with myself for not having done anything.
Colin 11:43 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment