Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Writing oasis

I delayed going to bed last night in a feeble attempt to beat the insomnia. Picture it - I want to sleep but I'm not letting myself, because if I don't I won't be able to sleep just yet. Yeah, I'm lost too.

It worked partially though, because I managed to get to sleep when I did retire. Trouble was I woke up at 3am this morning - too early to get ready for work and too late for me to get up without me being "up for the day." Fuck it.

So I just lay there, waiting for the sun to rise.

Got through some non-writing related tasks to take my mind off things today.

I'll be meeting with the owner of the local bookshop hopefully on Saturday. He's said he would be fine stocking a few to see how they sell so I'll pop in and see what we can arrange.

I caught up with all my submissions for Hunting Jack and Stella.There are still a few to come back for both but I'm not running any more out just now for Hunting Jack. The latter I'll keep plugging away at.

Submitted Water of Leith.

Spent a bit of time on the NaNoWriMo forums posting some comments and getting to know some of the more local participants. I'm really looking forward to this.

A lot of people still don't know what they are going to write about. I find that scary.

Put together the website for the promotion of Poolside Poetry. It took me a couple of hours to get to where it is, which is pretty good going time-wise. It's almost done, except for a few pages of content.

If you want a sneak preview, point your browser to: http://poolsidepoetry.colingalbraith.co.uk

Let me know what you think.

Thanks to Devon for her comments left after yesterday's post. They made a lot of sense.
Colin 11:55 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment