Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Saturday, October 07, 2006

No Title Necessary

Another sleepless night, compounded by having to get up early to take Laura to dancing. Wandered round Waterstones for a while, had a coffee and pastry and popped into the aquarium shop on my way home.

Went home and tried to sleep during the afternoon. Couldn't. Read more of Rankin's The Flood, then tried to sleep again. Couldn't. A combination of being too tired and the drilling/hammering in the house saw to it.

Scotland beat the World Cup runners-up, France, by a goal to nil at Hampden. It's been 17 years since I saw Hampden so delirious at a National football match.

Went to work for 7pm to do a mainframe software implementation and was totally shattered by 11pm as a result. Couldn't concentrate and had thoughts only of my bed the entire time.

As I write this, it is a few minutes past midnight and I am not expecting to get away until 3am at the earliest. Hopefully it will be sooner and I'll be able to get some sleep before I conk out totally.
Colin 12:22 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment