Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

In Short

Some days I hate my work more than most. And it's at times when I feel so low at the sadness of what once used to be a great working environment, that I reflect on who I am and what I want from my life.

I want to be a writer.

I am a writer.

I want to be a successful writer.

I have tasted success.

I want to be a really successful writer.

Does that mean money?

To an extent. It means satisfaction and recognition from my peers is more important.

I want to leave a bodyof work that will be remembered.

Does that mean fame?

Possibly. I prefer infamy.

Success cannot equal obscurity.

Obscurity does not equal success.

How do I make that it all happen?

Work my skinny white arse off.

Don't take no for an answer.

Persevere.

Grow a thicker skin.

Learn from others. No room in this business for ego.

The result shall be --- escape from rat race? Personal satisfaction? A happy death?

I wonder how I will die. Spike Milligan always said he wanted an Elephant to fall on him. I quite like the idea of that. Maybe a Hippo then. Or a very large Otter.

How morbid.

My sentences are very short today. So is my attention span.

Goodnight.

I love you all.

Colin 11:22 pm

1 Comments:

I like this post - and I have read your stuff, and have no doubt that you'll succeed as a writer, whatever success means. (and that does lead to interesting questions, as you pointed out).
I think once the talent part is there - attitude and sticking to it is over half the battle.
Hang in.

Add a comment