Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Sunday, June 25, 2006

DIY Bliss

When I woke I was achin, my limbs and neck convincing me that due to my tiredness, I had slept in the one position all night on the mattress on the floor. Not good. But it wasn't long before I limbered up for another day in the room.

Second coats were applied on walls and roof. We worked right through until 1am. The room is really taking shape and I'm quite proud of what we have achieved in the past two days. Despite my hatred of most things DIY, I have to say I have actually enjoyed this weekend. Maybe it was the change from sitting at a desk all week doing sweet eff all, to doing some proper work for a change. But I think it had more to do with the sharing of the work in bringing our home up to how we want it, that made the difference. It was a lot of fun, and I have surprised myself with the level of marital bliss to be gained from DIY.

I got a call from my sister. Apparently the person who is conducting the marriage service next week wants to review my Reading beforehand to ensure there are no religious references in it. Odd, but of course I don't mind. There are none, so I know it will be fine. My main worry is that my sister and Nolon like the poem. I've written it over the course of a couple of months and the first they will hear it is when I recite it at the wedding, which incidentally, will also be my first public recital of a poem I have written. I'll post it here on the blog once the wedding is over.
Colin 12:16 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment