Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2006

So Tired

I am so tired. Two nights out in a row is not something I am able to do as easily these days as I used to. My eyes strained all day at the computer, the heat in the office made it unbearable and I had to fight the urge to close my eyes and slip into a deep sleep at my desk most of the day. My neck hurts and my feet - well, my feet are aching from all the walking I've done lately with a hole in the right sole. Or are they?

It looks very unlikely now that I'mgoing to be able to insert scans of the drawings for the poems in the PSH e-book for the weekend. I can't seem to get the scanner working at all now I've moved to XP. It's an older scanner but normally with a driver update it's not a problem. I thik I just need to locate the correct driver package, though I was positive the one I found would suit. I'll need to keep on searching for another solution but I doubt I'll have one by Friday night. There's only sixteen poems, so without the drawings it is going to be missing something as well as be a short read. What to do about a front cover? I have no idea! Damnations!!

To resolve the problem, in the evening I turned to Google and the availability of free clipart from the internet. I downloaded some appropriate cartoon figures that relate to the poems and inserted them into the manuscript. With a little jiggery-pokery I gave the e-book a bit of a fun look so I think it looks alright now, but not really what I wanted. It has to be kept at 1 Meg or under and the front cover design takes to 1.4 Meg. So, still a bit of work to do but my latest e-book, Silly Poems for Wee People Vol.1 will be available shortly.

Don't forget to vote in the strange Shoe Mystery Poll - big yellow box over to the left of the screen.

<-------THAT WAY!!

Tally-ho!





For more information about Fringe Fantastic, please go to the website: http://fringefantastic.colingalbraith.co.uk

Colin 11:01 am

1 Comments:

Can you still download photos?

Get a white board and, from the back, fasten your sketches on it. Position a couple of lights on it, so there's no glare, but the light is strong and even.

Photograph the sketches.

Download the photos and manipulate as necessary for your book.

That's what I've been doing because the scanner function doesn't work on my machine -- but now the photo download's out, too, so I'm really screwed.

The extra steps are a bit of a pain, and the lighting for the photographs is very important. But it works.

Add a comment