Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2006

So Tired

I am so tired. Two nights out in a row is not something I am able to do as easily these days as I used to. My eyes strained all day at the computer, the heat in the office made it unbearable and I had to fight the urge to close my eyes and slip into a deep sleep at my desk most of the day. My neck hurts and my feet - well, my feet are aching from all the walking I've done lately with a hole in the right sole. Or are they?

It looks very unlikely now that I'mgoing to be able to insert scans of the drawings for the poems in the PSH e-book for the weekend. I can't seem to get the scanner working at all now I've moved to XP. It's an older scanner but normally with a driver update it's not a problem. I thik I just need to locate the correct driver package, though I was positive the one I found would suit. I'll need to keep on searching for another solution but I doubt I'll have one by Friday night. There's only sixteen poems, so without the drawings it is going to be missing something as well as be a short read. What to do about a front cover? I have no idea! Damnations!!

To resolve the problem, in the evening I turned to Google and the availability of free clipart from the internet. I downloaded some appropriate cartoon figures that relate to the poems and inserted them into the manuscript. With a little jiggery-pokery I gave the e-book a bit of a fun look so I think it looks alright now, but not really what I wanted. It has to be kept at 1 Meg or under and the front cover design takes to 1.4 Meg. So, still a bit of work to do but my latest e-book, Silly Poems for Wee People Vol.1 will be available shortly.

Don't forget to vote in the strange Shoe Mystery Poll - big yellow box over to the left of the screen.

<-------THAT WAY!!

Tally-ho!





For more information about Fringe Fantastic, please go to the website: http://fringefantastic.colingalbraith.co.uk

Colin 11:01 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment