Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Fate Steps In

I'm aware that the frequency of my blog entries have been somewhat poor over the last week, so I must apologise. A combination of commitments to things outwith my writing life have conspired against me, but have borne fruit in a personal way.

A new dawn has come over my life and while it has prevented me picking up a pen or keyboard (I know you don't pick up a keyboard but you know what I mean), I have to say I am a satisfied and happy man.

To summarise the past week, here is a short list of important sub-events:

* I upgraded my home PC with a FireWire port, USB hub and new cabling
* I received a rejection note from Open Wide Magazine for The Oasis
* I had an enjoyable catch-up and bevy session with my mate Craig last Monday
* I went to see the UK band Embrace on Friday at the Corn Exchange
* On Saturday Gail and I celebrated our first year in our new home
* I was recognised in a pub in Edinburgh as being "that writer bloke from the leaflets"
* I still have a hole in my shoe


The weather has begun to pick up and we are currently in pre-summer sunshine mode. In other words it is still a bit fresh but you can feel the warm currents doing their best to blow over the country.

I have a lot of catching up to do. There are some writer's blogs I must get back up to date with, I have still to finish my friend's manuscript (I never read a single work last week - not even a newspaper), I did no writing at all on Stella, on Hunting Jack editing or on the PSH Free-For-All project. I did buy a couple of items from Fopp on Thursday though; a Led Zeppelin album from 1971 for a fiver and a Tim Burton book called, The Melancholoy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories.

This has been a dreadful month for both writing and reading. There is still time to make an impact but do you know what, I don't care. Other things have happened that more than make up the balance. So if you are waiting for an e-mail reply or to a message on my mobile, then don't worry I will get back.



For more information about Fringe Fantastic, please go to the website: http://fringefantastic.colingalbraith.co.uk

Colin 3:11 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment