Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Friday, April 28, 2006

A Friday Roaster

I had to wear my shades for the first time this year. Summer is well and truly on the way. It was so bright from the get-go this morning, with sheer blue skies and a poignant sun, I even had to resort to my lightweight jacket to avoid sweltering in the warmth. None of this stopped the air-conditioning people in my work from turning the temperature though and for the most part of the day I sat in a stinking hot office, wishing I were outside cooling off in the heat of the mid-day sun.

And so I went to Clark's. Just a quickie with Dave to alleviate the boredom. We would have loved to have been able to stay all afternoon, but such is the family commitments we have made it was impossible.

Most of the evening was spent finalising the design for my e-book. Devon Ellington left a note on yesterday's entry with a superb idea to get my own drawings into the book. It was too late to carry out the plan though, as I was up till after 10pm working on the cover, analysing the poems for errors and making sure it was converted into a pdf file ok. I just never had time to do it before the deadline. What I'll do is a second edition of the book some time further down the line and incorporate the pictures in then. Meantime I made do with clipart. Not ideal but it does give the book a wee boost.

Tomorrow I'm off to Falkirk to the Big in Falkirk festival. It looks like it will make for a good family day out but the main motivation for me (selfishly) is that The Beat and Neville Staples of The Specials are playing - two of the main components of the 2-Tone ska era. The weather is forecast to be brilliant and there's nothing quite like live outdoor ska in the sun.

This gig will form the final cog in my article for the May issue of The Scruffy Dog Review, so guess what I'll be doing on Sunday!




For more information about Fringe Fantastic, please go to the website: http://fringefantastic.colingalbraith.co.uk

Colin 10:44 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment