Monday, April 03, 2006
During my early morning email check, I got an email from Rick Lupert of the Poetry Super Highway (PSH) concerning this years Poetry Free-For-All. Some of you may remember what this is about. You create an e-book of poetry, send it in then on the specified date, people can download your e-book for free for 24 hours only.
I wasn't going to do it this year what with my fiction commitments and work I have to do on Fringe Fantastic, but then I hot on an idea. In my GDR document there is a section about trying a new form of writing in a serious capacity and of these I put down as children's poetry. Since I already have an amount of children's poetry on disk, with a little extra effort I could write some more, without losing all the time available needed for my fiction work, and produce an e-book for the Free-For-All. I smell a plan!
I checked my disk and I currently have nine poems already written. Not as much as I remembered writing but still a start. This doesn't have to be a big project but I have until April 30th to get something together. The process will be a lot faster than last time round because I'm becoming a dab hand at self-publishing. So - what have I got to lose? I'll do it!
Time for April's GDR.
* Complete first re-draft of Stella
* Complete second redraft of Hunting Jack
* Complete new chapter of Hunting Jack
* Write a new short story
* Keep on top of submissions list
* Write poem for reading at my sister's wedding in July
* Write and produce a children's poetry e-book for the 2006 Poetry Free-For-All (last year was Brick by Brick)
* Complete work on Scotland's Treasure for May column by 15th April
* Write story/article for Being Dad Anthology
* Write four weekly blog entries for TSDR
* Write and submit another step-dad article for Interactive Dad (2 already waiting)
Marketing and Promotion
* Step up marketing and promotion of Fringe Fantastic for 2006 Fringe
* Keep website up to date
Reading and Research
* Release Tall Tales and Short Stories Vol.2 into the wild - really have to do this
* Finish reading friends novel WIP and prepare crit
* Read from my 'waiting to be read' pile - finish The Black Book by Ian Rankin plus more
* Prepare for Extra HJ research
* Stay on top of editorial work for TSDR
For more information about Fringe Fantastic, please go to the website: http://fringefantastic.colingalbraith.co.uk