Monday, February 13, 2006
Tig! You're It
On a lighter note, I redrafted Under the Skin, which added yet another 200 words onto it. It's now at 1600 and forming into a nice story. There's still something missing - can't put my finger on it - I'll let it sit and go back to it on paper.
I did a lot of catching up on email and I read through a friend's submission for a speech and offered up some ideas. I wrote tomorrow's TSDR blog entry, worked on some plots ideas for Stella and read through some submissions for The Scruffy Dog Review. Things are moving again and I feel happy with what I'm doing. There's still much to catch up on - but I'm enjoying the challenge again.
Instead of a cartoon today, I'm taking part in this Top 4 game list thing. It's like a game of Tig except it's in cyberspace and there's no punching people's arms when you get tagged because you can't run fast enough. Anyway, Michelle Miles tagged me so here goes:
Four jobs I've had
1. Pushing trolley's in Safeway car-park, Johnstone. First day I was there someone got slashed in the face. Nice.
2. Working the dairy and meat for Bobby Mackerel. Very nice man.
3. Door-sign maker for Scottish Homes. (Their HQ in Glasgow burnt down while I was working there. Strange that.)
4. Gardener. Lots of midgie bites and scratches for a pittance. I never lasted long in that business.
Four movies I could watch over and over
1. Hi-Fidelity - this film changed my life
2. Star Wars (A New Hope)
3. Take it or Leave It (Madness biography)
4. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Four places I have lived
1. Bridge of Weir - small village on the outskirts of Glasgow.
2. Paisley - west coast town with lots of drugs and knife crime. The Paisley Pattern came from here. Ecstasy tablets come in this shape to celebrate this fact.
3. Shawlands, Glasgow (twice) - boy, did I live the life here. My best bachelor days all happened in the south side.
4. Leith, Edinburgh (twice) - I married a Leither. 'nuff said.
Four TV shows I watch
2. The Simpsons
3. Only Fools and Horses
Four places I've vacationed
1. Ayia Napa, Cyprus - burds 'n' booze
2. Sorrento, Italy - beautiful people, beautiful food, beautiful location
3. Ochos Rios, Jamaica - the roots of where my love of music derives
4. Kissimee/Disneyland, Florida - I saw Goofy while I had a hangover
Four of my favorite dishes
1. Lamb Dupiaza with pilau rice and naan bread - simply the best
2. Canneloni (with the traditional filling) - only if made correctly
3. Black Pudding supper and a can of Irn-Bru - Scotland's finest
4. Italian based hawaiian pizza from pizza hut - I really shouldn't, but who can resist
Four sites I visit daily
1. Ink In My Coffee
2. Pure Grace
3. Ye Olde Inkwell
4. Ramblings of a Suburban Soccer Mom
Four places I would rather be
1. In Clark's
2. In Glasgow
3. In my wife
4. In absentia
I'm tagging Devon Ellington, Sarah Swanson, Bobby Mackerel and Debra Young.
ORDER a copy of my latest book, FRINGE FANTASTIC!
For more information about Fringe Fantastic, please go to the website: http://fringefantastic.colingalbraith.co.uk