Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Penultimate Day

Before I could do anything about the house I had to go up to town and buy Gail a new charger for her phone. She must have packed her original away because can she find it? Nope. It's a typical thing to happen, and what's more typical is all the mobile phone and accessory shops on Princes Street don't stock any chargers. Good eh? So I ended up along at Queensferry Street before I got my hands on one.

I got some messages while I was up town and some lunch for when I got home, which by the time I got there, it had already gone 1pm. Half the day was gone and nothing in the house was accomplished.

Then the phone started ringing - and ringing - and ringing. It's nice of people to wish us luck over the phone - but today of all days!? What's wring with Royal Mail? I finally got into the work at quarter to two; bathroom duty first.

I got through a lot before Gail came home from work. Polished the bathroom and the kitchen bar essentials like coffee and the goldfish. Smashie is as excited as everyone else - he told me during a quiet moment.

Gail came back from work and lit up before the battle royal began. We fired into everything and a smooth military-style operation rolled into force. Let's hope we can carry this through to tomorrow as well. The plan will be to drop Laura off at school and start the move. Hopefully, by the time lunch comes, most of it will be done.

With all our plates and everything else packed we resorted to a MacDonald's for dinner. I know it's been a bad week for fast food but it has by far been the easiest solution.

I got a great text message late afternoon; my good friends Dave and Isla Graham became parents for the second time. Lilly Graham - a wee sister for Molly - was born this morning and both mother and daughter are doing well. Good on them - congratulations both of you!

We finally got the gas fire fixed tonight before the new owners make a complaint over it not working properly and by half ten everything was as could be expected. Last thing to do is post this blog entry, dismantle the PC, then try and get a good night's kip.

It's going to be a long day tomorrow!

Colin 10:21 pm

1 Comments:

Hope your "military operation move" goes smoothly!
:-)

Add a comment