Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Visitations

As I made my way home after beating Ian 5-4 at snooker, and with four pints of Kronenbourg sitting nicely in my belly, my mobile phone rang. It was Gail and she wanted to know if I fancied joining her for a drink at her pals since Laura was staying at her Aunts.

The time was midnight and not wanting to appear like a party pooper, I obliged. Having never been to Samantha's flat before (hereafter known as Sam), I wasn't entirely sure which door was hers. A prostitute saw me standing in the street looking about and assumed I wanted to do business (Sam lives in the 'Tolerance Zone') and approached me. I declined her offer and found the door to the flat.

Gail and Sam were already quite merry when I arrived. We listened to some tunes and had some drinks. When we left, Gail was more than merry, She giggled and zig-zagged her way up the road. We got to bed at 2:30am. As a result, this morning was not the easiest to pry myself out from between the sheets. Even worse was the discovery when I got to work that I had a meeting in ten minutes in another building - 20 minutes away.

The day went in faster than I expected, which was good. Mostly this was because I was busy with a workload for this Friday night's overnight shift. I start at 3am on Saturday morning and am unsure as to the finish time yet. Much of it depends on the success of the implementation.

After work we ate dinner then headed over to the other side of Edinburgh to collect Laura from her Aunts house where she stayed over last night. While there, we visited Gail’s cousin and stopped in to say hello. By the time we got back it was about nine o'clock and tiredness from last night was catching up fast. With little time left to do any solid writing, I worked on the poetry e-book for a couple of hours, now officially called, Brick by Brick.

It's coming on well. I've written blurbs for each poem; their inspiration and meaning, and I took a photo for the cover design. This weekend I'll take the photos I've planned out for the individual poems, which should be fun.

Lying in bed waiting for sleep to come three people started having a discussion in a bar. One was the barmnan, the other two regulars. The outcome of their discussion merited a short story and so I started to write.
Colin 3:24 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment