Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2005

The End Is Nigh

It is raining again. Gail gave me a lift down to Leith so I could run a couple of errands after dropping Laura off at school but the shop I wanted was closed. So I ended up having to wait for ages for the next bus after just missing one. It wasn't the best start to the day.

Arriving at work made it worse.

I discovered a hilarious blog: http://darthside.blogspot.com.

It's Darth Vader's personal blog and is really funny. If you are a Star Wars fan then it will totally appeal. I've added it to my list on the left.

Speaking of Star Wars, normally I would be going cock-a-hoop over the new film to be released on May 19th. My mind is on other matters however, such as the Oasis gig in Edinburgh's Usher Hall a couple of night's before.

Like millions, Star Wars was a big part of my life when I was young, though on a more cult level, I also loved The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, also to be placed on general release tomorrow. I am more interested to see if they have done this justice, because I already know I will be entertained by Star Wars Part III. The Guide gave me more creative energy and really made me think about my place in the world at a young age. Star Wars, is essentially a love story and not quite as deep in the"off-the-wall" sense.

I remember being able to recite entire sections of the The Guide's script when I was but a nipper. In a similar vein, I wrote out the entire script for the first Star Wars film from memory when I was in Primary 6. Signs of a writer in the early days indeed!

Gail went to Ikea and left me at home. I wasn't disappointed though; Ikea on a Thursday evening is one of the last places I would ever want to be. I stayed at home, watched Married With Children and ate a steak I found languishing in the freezer. I fried it up with some fresh mushrooms and onion and added some nice Jamaican spices to give it a bit of kick. Came out lovely and I was very satisfied.

I wrote one and a half issues of Hunting Jack; around 1500 words taking me to over the 80,000 word mark. Once issue 72 is complete there is only one month of subscription story left (9 issues). It is all coming to a head and each issue now contains exciting action, revelations and gets to the truth of Hunting Jack.

Soon, it will all be over.
Colin 10:20 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment