Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2005

A Bit Of A Ramble

Recognising this month’s failure has brought me to a point of focal acuteness. (I made that last phrase up – I hope it works). If I were a spot/pluke/zit/pimple, I would be wide and red with a little yellow dot on top. The pressure within would be so great, the redness would be increasing and the skin quivering from the sheer pressure from within.

Yes, I am ready to burst.

But I am not a spot. And the only thing bursting out of me is creativity. Thursday mornings always seem to be good. Maybe it is the Kronenbourg from the previous night with fluffs up my brain just enough to allow it to ooze ideas without restriction. Loads of “what if’s” and no “but’s.”

I had two interesting dreams last night. The first saw me at a Madness concert with only about 10 other people there. It was a private function and so we joined the lads on stage for a sing-song. A meaningless dream so far as I can see, though it may be related to the talk of the release date of the forthcoming album.

Dream number two concerned what used to be my second football team. Ie. The team I always held a soft spot for even though I went to support someone else.

St. Mirren. The Buddies. The Pride of Paisley.

Everyone knows about the Paisley Pattern. Lesser known is the fact I was also born in the town. Paisley is now a ghost town and if you were to walk through it on a Friday evening be sure and wear a stab-proof vest and keep well clear of anyone in Burberry patterned clothing.

I digress. The dream concerned me queuing to get into Love Street (the ground they play at) to see them play football. I know what brought this dream on. Partly because I have been thinking about my time spent in Paisley of late – my university days, early night-clubbing nights and of course, going to see St. Mirren.

It is also brought on by the fact St.Mirren are through to the Quarter Finals of the Scottish FA Cup and are playing Hibernian FC this Saturday in Edinburgh. I was going to go until I found out I am already at the rugby, but I wish them well.
Colin 2:08 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment