Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, September 09, 2004

The Send Button

The good weather is continuing here - not so it would appear over in the US. Hurricane Frances is creating havoc everywhere it seems, and so I am thinking of my pals enduring it's wrath as I sit here typing.

During the afternoon, with still little or no work of any kind to do, I wrote two days worth of Blogs due to the downtime, posted to my forum, and did a little more on Hunting Jack; mainly future plot idea's. I didn't get into it properly until the evening.

The big news of the day though, is that I clicked the almighty SEND button and sent the KIC pitch for Hunting Jack on it's way. I redrafted it first - a huge thanks to Devon for some excellent advice - and now I wait. Somehow this feels different than anything I have submitted before - and there's been a lot. Maybe it's because this would be a real committment, or maybe it is because I have really gotten into the story that I want it to succeed. Who knows? Fingers crossed...

When I got home I polished off the first three issues/chapters and rewrote the fourth. It jumps too far ahead and Jack's behaviour in it is well out of context. The result is much better and helped me flow straight into issue/chapter 5 which I completed before I hit the sack. Tiring work - but very enjoyable and I feel as if I am riding a crest of productivity.
Colin 11:47 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment