Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Ups and Downs

After the elation of last night's furious writing, I was brought back down to earth this morning when I found a standard rebuff from Caffeine Destiny in my inbox. The poems in question were then sent straight back out into the wilderness to About The Arts who only accept between the 1st and 15th of each month. Fingers crossed again for Who Am I and 8:41.

Shortly after this I checked out the latest issue of Zygote In My Coffee, and was delighted to discover they have published the first of three poems of mine that they are doing in a series over the next few weeks.

The first one, I Smoke Because I Want To, is now available for reading at:

Zygote In My Coffee - Issue 19

I noted I forgot to send them my new web address so I forwarded it to the editor who seems a nice bloke.

I persuaded a friend who is not involved with writing so much, but likes a good read, to have a go at my novel on completion and redraft. He has read many short stories I have written over the past few months, and his input will be invaluable on the road to publication (touch wood). I also plan to ask my work colleague Julie; she reads about five titles a week and so I know I will get some good feedback quick!

Tonight also saw my first online chat with some of the writers I have befriended at the writing forum. It was good to chat in real-time and from such far flung places, the power of the internet brought us together.

I worked more on Hunting Jack, redrafting the first three chapters/issues. There are plots pouring out my ears so fast I can't keep up. At this rate, if KIC refused it, I would have a full length novel completed within a couple of months! The beauty is though, unlike the novel I am currently writing, where it already has a beginning and an end, this one is being written by the characters. I have no idea where it is going, and this is why it is so exciting.
Colin 10:48 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment