Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Like A Rolling Stone

The idea for a novel/serial has exploded inside my head so much so that it's becoming hard to get all the ideas down on paper quickly enough. I spent most of the day writing down ideas, developing characters and linking plotslines together. It's beginning to take on a life now, and I can see it clearly in my third eye. I'm being pulled into it like the eye of a storm, except this is one storm I want to be caught in the middle of. In fact, I don't care at the moment what I do with it as I just want to write the story so much. What happens after is irrelevant at the moment. Which is probably just as well, because rejections are ten-fold, but one cannot be denied the enjoyment of creation no matter how many rejection slips are returned.

I managed to put it aside for the evening and worked on Loaded. I went over the obvious cracks and sorted a lot of the grammar out, all of which added another 800 words on top. I will post it to my forum today and see if there is any feedback I can use.

I haven't touched Bill McCarthy since the rejection with feedback came back. Not that I'm avoiding it, I am still brewing over ideas on how to alter it. It needs an overhaul, not just a tweak.

My full WIP list is as follows:

Short Stories
Bill McCarthy - looking for another direction before re-write
Facing The Music - has two parts - part 1 complete
Loaded - first redraft complete and out for crit
Growing Up With Madness - currently on 3rd rewrite. Not touched for several weeks.
Haystacks - binned (but kept)
The Hill - this project is 4 years old and has been written and rewritten dozens of times. I cannot get it right but I will. It is important to me the story within.


Novel
A Friend To Die For (one of 9 working titles) - 50k complete

Novel/Serial
Untitled Story - Plot and character development racing forth onto the page

I finally managed to get my personal website up and running over at: Colin Galbraith - Writer. Colin Galbraith. Writer. Hmmm. Sometimes the two don't seem to go together. When people ask me, "What do you do?" I still say,"Oh I workfor . I wonder - when I will start to consider myself a writer above and beyond all else?
Colin 3:51 pm

1 Comments:

Colin, your site is great!

Zarina

Add a comment