Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Sunset on Leith

Forgot to mention an incident from the other day that typified the type of egotistical, arrogant and rude kind of assholes you get working in here.

Picture it: I'm heading to a meeting in another office but neglected to take a note of the room number. I call on my mobile to one of the phones in my area to ask someone to check my diary and see what room it is. A bloke (who shall remain nameless) answers, says his name and asks how he can help - as you do with any external call received. I begin to speak, started to explain my situation and he HUNG UP. He simply put the phone down while I was talking! Enraged, but to be honest, not at all surprised, I rang someone else who obliged to help me out.

The person in question is of small build and I'm pretty positive suffers from Wee Man's Disease. That is to say, he has a major chip on his shoulder over the fact he never reached over five foot four inches in height and he is now in his forties. He's the type of bloke who, when you go to say "hi" on passing, completely ignores you. He is loud, bitchy and a total wanker.

And I have to put up with this? I don't remember it reading in my contract that, "the employee shall put up with all wankers in the company who choose to toss their ego's off into other people's faces for fun."

Don't expect any help from me in the future little man.

Anyway.

Worked on Wide Awake. The first draft of this really was awful, I don't think I'll ever be happy with the final version because I know where it came from. A bit prejudiced I know, but I can't help but feel that starting it over again might be the way to go.

I completed the final draft of the Poolside Poetry manuscript. 89 pages of poetry; some funny, some reflective. It's two pages shorter than Fringe Fantastic, yet it has 22 more poems but no photographs. Why would that be?

Started putting the finishing touches together for the poet interview on Monday. I won't have any time on Sunday so I need to have it all done by Saturday night. Saturday morning I am confirmed to be meeting the owner of the local bookshop in Leith. I wonder if I can talk him into putting a copy in the front window. Now wouldn't that be a nice picture for the website!

I caught my catfish and put him down. Fingers crossed I disposed of the correct predator, and that when I wake up in the morning I don't have half a tank of dead fish.

Stayed up late to watch The Sopranos. It wasn't a problem really, since I was wide awake come 11pm anyway.

Here's a picture of the sunset over my neighbourhood. I thought it was impressive, so I took a picture on my mobile phone camera for your delight.


Sunshine on Leith
(click to enlarge)
Colin 10:04 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment