Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I Feel Like Screaming

I feel like this today -

- like screaming, from a frustration that dwells and grows from somewhere deep within. I just can't quite put my finger on it. Things are not easily explained, or rather, I have been unable to work them out. I look out at the world and it scares me sometimes. Is it just that the media has got better at reporting everything instantly from every corner of the world and at any level? Or is it that there really is a growing number of murderers, paedos, junkies, buggerers, burglars and muggers on our streets. There's so much random violence about one wonders when it is to arrive on my own doorstep.

On a lighter note (pun intended), I've started to lose weight. I want to drop a few pounds for my sister's wedding in July and before I get fitted for my kilt. It's gong to be a gerat day.

The stag is in Aberdeen at the end of the month. Should be interesting, especially as I don't know any of the lads who are going, except the groom.

I worked on the first couple of chapters of Stella last night. It's always good to go into it fresh after a couple of weeks away from it, so maybe there was some benefit in working on something else in April. I wish I could get this damn thing finished to the point I am happy with it. The ending and the start need to link in and I'm hoping this time round the link reveals itself more obviously. It's gotten into a muddle but it's slowly unravelling the more I work in it. It's a slow project this one, but I'll get there.

I finished editing and preparing the press release for the new book. I'm only going to limit this to online agencies and email sources. It's a free book after all so I'm not going to pay out for postage and envelopes. I submitted it ready for release on Friday am.

I wrote a couple of poems in the afternoon. With a bit of work they would have been great to include in the Silly Poems e-book. I'll stick them away and use them in the future.

Colin 11:34 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment