Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Weekend

I spent Friday through in Glasgow at the Gallery of Modern Art and in the Glasgow Science Museum. It pissed with rain the entire time but apart from that I had an excellent time. It was just me and Laura and we made a film of the trip, called Laura Goes to Glasgow. Strangely enough, we realised it is exactly 2 years to the day since we made our first film, Laura at the Zoo. The only downside to the day was Zygote In My Coffee rejecting the four poems and short story I had on submission to them.

On Saturday I was up early and away into town. I had my usual coffee, picked my horses for the day, browsed in Dixons for a DV cable and PC stuff (for movie editing capability) and had a wander through the aquarium shop on Leith Walk. My Grand National horse to win (Ross Comm) fell at the sixth but my each-way choice (Hedgehunter) came in second so I covered my bet. A nice wee Chinese meal for dinner in the evening and the day was a winner.

Sunday was relaxed. In fact I did hardly anything other than work on my PC, fish tank and some reading. I've started work on my entry into this years PSH Free-For-All. It will be called, Silly Poems For Wee People. I'm hoping to get Laura to contribute some drawings. I had some lovely mussels in creamy garlic sauce for dinner this evening - mmmmmm.
It's short and sweet this entry, I know, but I have a lot to do this week and blogging just isn't my top priority. Don't worry - it's just temporary. Have a great Monday!



For more information about Fringe Fantastic, please go to the website: http://fringefantastic.colingalbraith.co.uk

Colin 11:30 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment