Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Friday, September 30, 2005

Birthday Boy

I woke to Laura standing by my bed clutching a handful of cards and gifts and telling me to "wake up - it's your birthday!"

Naturally, I did as I was told and opened all my cards and gifts. Got some socks, which is always good because Gail keeps nicking mine, and there was a new shirt for work from my MIL. Gail already got me my gift - these wonderful new glasses I now wear with accompanying prescription shades. Laura got me a couple of ska/reggae CD's which are superb. There were a couple of books as well; the latest Harry Potter (end of the queue wee man) and a new book by ex-mafia soldier Henry Hill. He's come out of hiding after divorcing his wife three years ago and this book is the sequel to Wiseguys, the book that the film Goodfellas was based on.

In the evening we went to Giuliano's Italian restaurant on The Shore in Leith and had a nice meal. It was very busy and one of Laura's school pals were in for a family 80th birthday celebration. At the end of the meal the waiter brought out the birthday girl's cake to a rendition of Congratulations over the speakers and everyone started clapping. The cake was a giant replica of a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka. Not bad for an 80- year old!

I was glad Gail and Laura didn't do the same for me - although the vodka might have been nice!

I did one of these personal predicter things. I got it off of Magick Musings. I think it is particularly accurate - especially the writing observations.


Your Birthdate: September 30
Your birthday on the 30th day of the month shows individual self-expression is necessary for your happiness.
You tend to have a good way of expressing yourself with words, certainly in a manner that is clear and understandable.
You have a good chance of success in fields requiring skill with words.

You can be very dramatic in your presentation and you may be a good actor or a natural mimic.
You have a vivid imagination that can assist you in becoming a good writer or story-teller.
Strong in your opinions, you always tend to think you are on the right side of an issue.

There may be a tendency to scatter your energies and have a lot of loose ends in your work.
You may have significant artistic talent and be very creative.
What Does Your Birth Date Mean?
Colin 10:52 am

2 Comments:

Happy birthday!!! Hope this year is more than you ever dreamed!
Yours By Design Heating and Cooling is a full service Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor based in Blaine, MN
installing residential heating and air and commercial heating and air.**Heating****Cooling**solar coolingsolar cooling

Add a comment