Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

E-book Underway

Remember I went to see local artist Anna-Lisa Drew's Hijab exhibition at the French Institute a few weeks ago? Remember I left a short comment in the book by the door after I'd been? Well she used it to promote the show on her website, which is soon to move to Paris for exhibition.

I'm quite honoured. You can see it at: http://www.annalisadrew.com

I'd urge you to see her work - it's excellent. She has another show at the Kodak Centre on Hanover Street for the Fringe called 4 Windows. I'll probably pop in and take a look at that as well.

I'm back in the office today. It's a one-day only stint though since I am off the rest of the week with school cover. 1 day weeks - you can't beat them!

The cough is getting better. Still clearing out my chest though but it's feeling much better.

I met my sister, Fiona, for lunch. We had big plates of salad and chicken in the Ivanhoe Bar; scene of a dramatic turn of events in Hunting Jack. It was the first time I'd been in it since writing the scene.

We had a lot of catching up to do; family, careers, weddings etc. then we went for a wander around the town before she had to go to an appointment. We stopped to watch some of the street entertainment and I got some superb material for the Festival e-book. When I got back to the office I did a fair bit of scribbling into my notebook. The Festival e-book is officially a work in progress.

I spent the evening out and about with some friends; HRH, The Group Captain and Lord Skelmorlie were all in town to partake in a few beverages, and of course, I joined them. We visited many hostelries mostly around Leith and the Grassmarket, but by the end of the night I was glad to get home and rest up my weary bones. I got some more material for the e-bookwhile I was out though - always on the look out!

I've been invited to a stag party in four weeks time. Seven carefully selected participants will be guided to Palma, Majorca on September 1st by our leader, the Group Captain. It is in the name of Mr. Stevie Bates who will wed later that month. A long weekend (4 days) of boozing and nonsense on Spain's sunny isle - how could I refuse?
Colin 10:32 am

1 Comments:

How cool that she quoted you! Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Add a comment