Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Friday, July 22, 2005

Quiet Before The Storm


It's definitely heating up and looking increasingly like this weekend's going to be a scorcher. It should make for an interesting day tomorrow because the 2005 Pub Golf Tournament is hitting down. Organised by Dave in the bowels of Clark's Bar, the "round of golf" will see around 60 of us hitting 18 of Edinburgh's finest bars. The phrase "potential mess" seems most appropriate at this point.

It was a slow start to the day. I was of work on school holiday cover, so I booked two seats at the cinema for me and Laura to go and see Madagascar just after lunch. With the popcorn and drinks bought, we took our seats for the next couple of hours and watched the film. Not the best animated film I ever saw but it had its moments. Laura enjoyed it more.

After I took a trip round some of the charity shops of Leith to try and get myself a pair of Plus-fours. This proved harder than it seems. I thought thought I had cracked it with a pair of tartan trousers that I could tuck in but no luck though, as the only ones they had in were ladies pairs.

I went home empty-handed and Laura went out to play while I started to make the dinner for Gail coming home; Chicken Korma, which Laura wolfed down in about three gulps. I enjoyed it though; as I always do when it's a curry.

I felt exhausted by evening. Not sure if it was the heat or the energy I've put into my writing lately, or managing to score off a significant amount on my GDR list, but I was struggling to stop my eyes from closing by nine o'clock. Maybe it was not being in Clark's that did it, but I would have wanted a quiet night anyway what with the Pub Golf Tourney tomorrow.

So I settled down in front of the TV with a cuppa and a book; Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island, and waited for the new series of Still Game to come on.

And that my friends is all there is to report. Tomorrow's post should be slightly more exciting than todays; the calm, as they say, before the storm.
Colin 9:14 pm

1 Comments:

Is there a storm coming?

Add a comment