Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Getting To Know Colly


Laura stayed at her Grans last night so the house was incredibly quiet. So quiet in fact, it was spooky. There is a Saturday service on the buses at the moment - because of the overtime ban - and it means the roads are strangely absent as well.

I lost Gail as a regular reader of the blog; turns out she won't get the time to read it from work very much and when I asked her what she thought of it she said, "Do you really have to put up pictures of the kitchen?"

Also, my attempt at a Terry Wogan-type joke with my readership backfired when I offended Lara into thinking she was a piece of chopped liver. I'm very sorry, dear. Please don't beat yourself up about it. Chopped liver is very nice and I'm more than happy to have you on board and regard you as a regular visitor to my little den in the Net. :-)

Actually looking at the stats over the course of a typical week, I get an average of 145 unique visitors, 66 brand new visitors and 79 returning visitors. Lara is of course, one of these and this makes me happy. Lara does a very good blog too. Check it out at: Ramblings of a Suburban Soccer Mom

The 2005 Poetry Super Highway Poetry Contest (PSH) was announced today. I'm one of the sponsors who donated a prize so that everyone who enters is guaranteed something. My sponsorship comes in the form of a free month subscription to Hunting Jack, but more importantly PSH has a huge readership and the promotion potential is huge.

For more information on this competition (sponsoring or entering), go here: PSH 2005 Poetry Contest

Not much else to really talk about today. So here's a Get To Know Colin Series of Questions to get you all up to speed:

What is your name given at birth? Colin Campbell Galbraith
What is your nickname? Chas Smash / Mr.G / Colly / Colly Wobbles
How old are you? 31
What is your hometown/town of birth? Paisley
Where do you currently reside? Leith
What do you do? Write
What is your hair colour? I shave it all off so you can't tell, but I used to be a Ginger Nut
Have you loved somebody so much it made you cry? Yes.
Of all of the books you were assigned to read when you were in school, what are your favourites? Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller and One Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzhenitsyn
If you could have any kind of a job in the entertainment industry, what do you think you would do best? PA for Davina McCall
What was the last song you sang when no one else was around? I Chase The Devil by The Dangermen (aka Madness)
What are 3 of your favourite TV shows? Frasier, Seinfeld and Only Fools and Horses
Who or what kind of person do you want to spend your life with? Already met her: my wife, Gail. She is everything I ever want(ed)
First thing you notice about the opposite (or same) sex? Eyes, breasts, ass - in no particular order
Where and what would you rather be doing right now? At home writing (followed closely by being at home having sex)
What is your favourite kind of music? Ska/reggae
Croutons or bacon bits? Croutons
What are your favourite sports to watch? Beach Volleyball and the Horses
What is your preferred ice cream? Mint with chocolate chip
Which single store would you choose to max out your credit cards? Borders
What do you do most often when you are bored? Drink coffee
Name the person you are friends with that lives the farthest away? Zander: he's as far away and spaced out as you can get, man!
Last movie you saw in theatre? Star Wars III
If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Red
Where do you want to go on your honeymoon? I went to Jamaica
What's your favourite sport and/or hobby? Drinking and watching the horses
What scares you? Losing my teeth
What is the best day of the year? Tomorrow
Do you like to dance? Only in my leather thong
Have you ever been in love? Are you now? If not, do you want to be? Yes and yes.
Cuddles or Kisses? Cuddles
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My belly needs to shrink a bit
Where would you like to retire? Somewhere quiet in Scotland, where there are no Neds about but has a great boozer and an Indian restaurant nearby
What is your favourite movie? The Godfather
What's your favourite colour? Red
What's your favourite flower? Red Rose
What is a personality trait in others that really irritates you? Ignorance
Approx how big (sq feet) is your house/condo/apartment, etc? No idea
What is the coolest thing YOU think you own and would like to share with us? 1) Last Madness album signed by the band. 2) Bad Manners Tour Bus Football - signed by the band. 3) Genuine 100% replica of Darth Vader's helmet and a red Light Saber.
Do you have any undiscovered or hidden talents? If so, what? Yes, but that's best kept between me and the wife
What was your first car? Never had one
Do you have any pets? If so, what? A goldfish called Smashie. His brother, Nicie, died a few years ago.
What's your favourite restaurant? Le Sept, Edinburgh
What is the most you've ever eaten in one sitting? 18 slices of pizza in the Pizza Hut Eat-All-You-Can Buffet. Followed by a box of Maltesers in the cinema right after
What has been your most scary moment in life? I really don’t know. I can't remember anything really terrifying me except fairground roller coasters!
Do you follow trends? Definitely not. Well maybe.
If you were told right now that you've won a 70 million dollar lottery, how would you spend the moolah? Get pissed, pay off the mortgage, invest some, have a big party, get pissed, go on holiday, get pissed, give some to family and friends then get pissed.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Back to Jamaica first but I would have to see the States too
Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? Full-time author
Ever gotten ultimate revenge on someone? Only where deserved and after much deliberation, the bastard!
Had enough of these questions yet? Yup
Colin 12:05 pm

4 Comments:

The largest amount of pizza slices that I saw you devour when I was with you was 14, so 18 is very impressive.
Have you been to see a Doctor recently?
Aye - this morning! :-D
HA! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Col, you crack me up! (Thanks for the plug, by the way, yer a pal) I LOVED the interview questions (and answers--my personal favorite being "Collywobbles").

And OMG I think once I ate FOUR pieces of pizza when I was a teenager--I think I could manage five...if I had a GUN to my head...

;-) Great post!
HAR.. I feel I know you so much better now, Collywobbles. ;)

(and HEY I'm a regular reader, too.. but I willna fash o'er it hehe)

Great post!

Add a comment