Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Dull, But Typical

The rain was accompanied by mist over Edinburgh this morning giving the Castle an eerie look to it. It fit perfectly with my mood, generated by the contemplation of having to go into work. Dull and gloomy pretty much summed it up to a 'T'.

Some days I sit in work and have the opportunity to work on a poem or story, develop an idea on paper or just think about possible writing projects in general. But it is as if an invisible force exists within the walls of this building, preventing any independent thought from breaking through and limiting creativity until it's dead.

Today was one of those days. I fought with it, wanting to use my time productively, but I could not overcome it.

I walk oedut of the building for lunch and the release was immediate. Thoughts and ideas flooded out and I struggled to memorise them all until I got back at my desk, then try once again, to develop it.

I left the office as early as I could and went home.

Then I went to the pub, drank some been and played some rounds of snooker.
Colin 9:04 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment