Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Another Saturday

We never got to bed until around 2am after the 50th party but Gail and me managed to get a reasonable lie in with Laura being at a friends for the night. For me that meant a 5am start, though I managed to get back to sleep for a couple of light hours before finally getting up.

A lot of the packing for the move is now underway and a lot of things are being thrown out. Some tough decisions are being made but it's got to be done.

The client in the music biz that I was hoping to design their website for sent me an e-mail to pull out of the project. I'm very disappointed because I wanted to do a good job after being recommended by a friend. I had problems with the price negotiation and I'm pretty sure despite the discounts I offered, the decision came down to cost at the end of the day.

In the evening I received an interesting e-mail from the Arts correspondent at the Sunday Herald. It was a reply from the second press release I sent out at the tail end of January. She suggested a journalist in another area of the newspaper who might be more able to help me more.

After Laura was down for the night and with Gail away to the Playhouse with her pal, I made my dinner; an old fashioned steak with onions. Nothing more, nothing less.

I flicked on the television and saw the breaking news that Pope John Paul II had just died in Rome. While not a Roman Catholic myself, I admire anyone who lives their life through their Faith to such a level of committment and I offer my condolences to anyone his death affects.

I got little writing done today due to work around the house and I am hoping tomorrow is better - though I am not counting on it. With under 2 weeks to go, the house is screaming out to get sorted now and I can feel Gails stress levels mounting.

Time to get the sleeves up and leave the writing until later at night.
Colin 1:48 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment