Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Greenfingers

I got my weekly lie in till about ten am then got up and made a strong cup of tea. When I got home last night Gail still had some of her pals in and so I joined them in a few drinks until half past two in the morning.

There's not much to say about the day. Most of it was spent in the garden and getting it tidied and in order. I cut all the hedges, weeded, de-mossed and sprayed the patio with weed killer, mowed the lawn and cleaned the drains and gutters. It was tiring, but good to sweat last night's efforts away.

By early evening I was starving and Gail made Toad-in-the-hole with fritters peas and gravy for dinner. It was fantastic and I was just ready for it when we sat down in the conservatory to eat and look out at our nice new garden.

I wrote until 2.30 in the morning, working on the poems I wrote yesterday in Finnegan's bar and editing issues 69 and 70 of Hunting Jack then sending them in. As well as all the usual checks for grammar, structure, tense and spelling I also have to make sure all the aspects of the story are being dealt with properly in the run up to the finale. Continuity is becoming even more vital and I have to make sure all the clues and red herrings from the rest of the story are either linked up or explained.
Colin 1:15 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment