Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Edinburgh Drivers

Edinburgh drivers really are a shambolic and ignorant lot. Apparently it is okay to drive as if there is no-one else on the road but yourself, park anywhere there isn’t a yellow line, ignore signs, neglect the use of indicators and drive in a manner which is most inconvenient to others on the road.

This morning I witnessed an act of the highest disregard from one driver towards my wife. We were dropping Laura off at school and pulled in to the left to wait for a car to pull out and free the space just in front of us by a yard or two. Our indicators were on as we waited patiently for the car to pull away so we could slip in to the space.

No sooner had the car pulled away though, another car arrived from the right and cut us off snatching the place just vacated – right in front of us!

Gail voiced her disapproval.

I saw red.

I reached over and pressed the horn, directed a "you're a loony" sign with my finger against my temple at the offender - who then smirked at me! If it weren’t for Gail shouting at me ("I was only standing up for you" I pleaded), I would have had their name and registration number down to my pal in A-Division with a complaint for reckless driving in front of a school for starters.

*sigh*

I had another winner in my Hunting Jack contest - yay!! Though I think I have lost a subscriber as well - boo!! They haven't renewed for over a month now so I remain at a running total of 8 subscribers - although three are technically still on the freebie month, it does mean I have eight readers.

While doing research this evening on the homeless problem in Edinburgh, I found out some amazing facts, but also stumbled on the perfect introduction for Hunting Jack.

"Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." Luke 9.58

Sums Hunting Jack up perfectly.

I edited out issues 39 through to 42 today and wrote issues 43 and 44. Jackie has hit problems already and it looks as though Edinburgh is going to be more of an experience than Glasgow was. Poor bugger. That's me written 8 of my planned 9 for this month already, but I still have loads to do in the next three weeks.

Onwards and upwards!
Colin 10:50 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment