Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Change Is In The Air

I won 7-0 at snooker last night and when I got in Sam - another of Gail's pals - was in having a drink. Not being one to ever refuse a wee swally, I joined them and indulged a couple of glasses of red wine on top of the beer I already consumed earlier.

For some reason my next door neighbor chose midnight to hand in the parcel that the Postie left earlier in the day. I opened it and to my joy it was a copy of Urdoxa, written by a member of my writing group, Kane X Faucher. I look forward to reading it, but it still has to join the end of the book queue by my bed. To check out his book and the publishing house from whence it came, see Six Gallery Press

I had a slight hangover this morning but luckily I had the day off anyway; a stroke of luck I was quick to thank the Almighty for.

My email contained a note from my editor at Wildchild Publishing with a couple of suggested changes she would like made to Heart of a Child. I will work on this tonight and get it send it in ASAP. She says it is "a lovely story" which is always good to hear.

Gail and I met up at 2.30pm after getting agreement to view the house again. This time we brought Ian - Gail's Dad - to check for initial damage to the house and he found none putting any initial worries we had to rest. So we put in an offer this afternoon and awaited a response. The circumstances were such that it was very unlikely it would be refused - and it wasn't. They swiftly returned our call and accepted our offer subject to a full survey tomorrow. If that goes okay, the house is ours!

We have a moving in day of May, to give us time to get this place sorted and sold, but the date can be brought forward to suit us due to our new home already being vacated.

It feels fantastic and there is a lot of happiness and excitement over the great start we have had to the year and the promise of what is to come. The best thing about the house is the study. Finally I will have a dedicated room to setup all my writing requirements; desk, books, computer - the lot. I may even manage to get that elusive tropical fish tank if I play my cards right.
Colin 11:31 pm

1 Comments:

So happy for you Colin, and your family! What a great start to the year! :-)

Add a comment