Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Resting Easy

Today was a day of rest and relaxation with the family. Gail was first up and out the door before 8am as she made her way to the opening of the sales clutching wad fulls of cash. Laura and I watched Morecambe and Wise then got up to play with our new toys (well okay - her new toys) and set about organising her art stuff into sections and making plans for what she wants me to help her out with and what she wants to make herself.

We watched some of our new DVD's (Simpsons Christmas Specials) and had a nice brunch together then eat some nice sweets before Gail got back around 2'ish. She brought home a haul of clothes of which I did rather well out of. I find it's best to let Gail choose what I should wear because apparently I did not know how to dress myself until I met her.

Later Laura and I made some designs for her new Hama beads while Gail slept off her shopping exertions on the couch for the rest of the afternoon. I I cooked a chicken for dinner (had to or it would go off while we are away on holiday) and made some creamy mashed potatoes and carrots with gravy. The chicken was delicious and went down a treat before we burst into a huge tin of Celebration choccies.

There's nothing more to say; it was totally relaxing and peaceful - just what I wanted for Boxing Day with my family - no pressure, no need to do anything but be glad we are together.
Colin 11:59 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment