Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Monday, December 20, 2004

Pass Me The WD-40

Another night of trying to rid this evil from my airways – still no movement. Well that’s not entirely true; this morning, once I had massaged my throat and chest to life, I coughed to the extremities as the hot steam from my shower filled the tiny holes that make up my lungs and penetrated its sponge-like matter. From these depths the carnage came and perhaps this movement is a good sign. What isn’t so nice is the throbbing headaches I gain from these coughing fits, as the blood vessels swell to bursting point inside the layers of my brain, growing with pressure with each cough; but then, no pain no gain!

Due to my exhaustion, Laura left for school before I had woken and so decided to wait for me to open our Christmas calendars. Her calendar remained untouched in loyalty so we could open them together tonight – what a diamond she is.

Two weeks have passed now since I wrote anything in the way of fiction. My PC is fixed and the events of late put to bed for now at least and I feel I should be moving forward again. Part of me is worried I have left it too long so I know it will be tough to get back into Jackie’s world, but I will. Christmas is fogging things and getting in the way, but I must try. I really must.

And so I forced out my laptop and opened up the last issue of Hunting Jack that came from my mind. Oh dear – I am so rusty I knew it would take more than a can of WD-40 to get my wheels oiled and running smooth again. So I pulled out the last issues few and started reading to try and catch up with the story and the mood.

Then I got caught in a film Gail was watching; Armageddon with Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler. And that was me – distracted to the point of no return. I blame it on Liv; I just can’t look at her without thinking of her with those Elv-like ears.
Colin 11:45 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment