Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

I hope everyone had/is having a wonderful Christmas holiday 2004!





Today was just as hectic as I expected, but more enjoyable than I could have wished. The house had been scrubbed, the food bought, the tree decorated - all possible preparations made for the big day and so when 7am came by, the day started as Laura crept into our room and into the bed, almost shaking with the excitement of wondering if Santa had been. Tradition dictates that I go through to the living room to see if indeed, the Big Man has been and for me to put on the tree lights, CD and light the fire.

It didn't take her long to get through the pile of presents from Santa, and the gifts she received she loved, especially her artwork stuff. Gail and I swapped presents and amazingly it looks like I managed to get it right this year where scents and sizes are concerned. Phew!

Gail's parents came round with more presents and stayed a while before heading home to get ready for the Christmas meal that we would be going to and I called my parents to wish them a merry Christmas. My Dad - who must surely have to admit to being like me after this - got himself so excited about Christmas he had to lie down in order to get calm again. At his age he should know better!

Christmas dinner was nice with four generations of Gail's family at the meal though the party atmosphere was lacking compared to recent years. I ended up sitting watching the TV with a slow drink while the others slept or did jigsaws. I think Gail could see I was bored and we left at about 11pm with a shattered little girl holding our hands between us.

On the way home it was Baltic and when I looked up into the dark clear sky, I could see a full moon shining down on us surrounded by hundreds of sparkling stars. The Starry Plough made an appearance when I figured out where it was; something I love to see. Every country I have ever been to I have always managed to see it at some point and it has come to stand for something. An ever-present reminder of how special stars can be, and insignificant we are compared to its mystery.
Colin 3:52 pm

1 Comments:

Happy Christmas to you and the family big man.
Around 8pm on Christmas night, my Mum and I decided to go for a walk along to Howwood and back to walk off some of the Christmas dinner.
On the way home my Mum and I stopped to look at the stars and in particular the Plough! Great minds think alike. Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you.
Regards,
Bob.
ps I discovered yesterday that Fiona has not posted your and another few people's Christmas card, sorry. However, you should have it in time for New Year!

Add a comment