Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Trying To Shake The Blues

I had a bath last night – not the norm for me – and just lay in the hot water with a book. I’m back onto John King again, allowing his attention to detail, to transport me to the footsteps of the Himalayas and a prison house called the Seven Towers. Ironic? You tell me.

The bath seemed to help relieve the pressure in my head and loosen my chest. I shaved my head and face while I was at it and went to bed feeling reborn but still with my chest blocked.

This morning, the chokiness remained and I had another dentist appointment, which I really could not be arsed with. Gail toyed with the day off as she is a day behind me in this flu thing, but because she is still on her initial probation period at her new job if she misses a day she doesn’t get paid. So she left with her nose running and her eyes blotchy the poor thing.

Mr. Dentist gave me a harder time this week, not only giving me a filling on the other side of my mouth – my first for nearly 15 years – but he took to giving my lower-front teeth a go with his ultra-sound thingummyjig. This removed some staining and then he used a scraper to poke between my incisors, which was most uncomfortable. I got the needle again and it resulted in the back of my throat, left cheek and lips going numb. It was after lunch before I could at least attempt a coffee.

I got notice from Wee Stoo (who’s birthday it was on Nov 28th and I forgot to mention it – better late then never mate!) having used one of the Christmas Gift Certificates from KIC to start a subscription with Hunting Jack. However, it looks like I have lost another subscriber which is not good. Currently, I have 3 subscribers to the 3rd period (issues 19-27) and 1 to the first (issues 1 to 9). So far I lost one subscriber after issue 9 and one after issue 18. I forgot all about the book sale at work which I printed off 200 leaflets for so I need to get my finger out and get that sorted. Also, I followed up on the magazine that got back to me regarding my press release and they want to do something early next year. As it is a student publication, it will need to be during the next semester.

I would have liked to get an early bed but my father-in-law demanded my presence at snooker so I obliged. I really shouldn’t use my feeling crappy as an excuse for getting humped 7-2, but I will. I just hope I can shake this sore chest and throat before Friday.
Colin 11:01 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment