Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Friday, November 05, 2004

A Brain Wave

I had a massive flash of inspiration concerning the future of Hunting Jack. The plot, while taking many turns and twists that I never anticipated myself, is still moving in a general direction I am happy with. However, a bolt hit me which will contain such a twist and cause much drama and excitement I can hardly wait to write it. It all concerns the future, the tieing up of the story and thus the end of the tale. But it is pure dead brilliant and I am going to go with it - unless I get a better idea than this - but I doubt it!

I met Dave over lunch, he is working away on his ms but having problems getting to it every night to turn the thoughts into words on paper. It is hard going, and if I didn't have a signed contract with KIC I might be suffering the same problem. Which is one of the blessings of KIC - you HAVE to keep going even when you don't feel like it. In saying all this, I haven't written a word of NaNoWriMo. I know only 5 days are gone but I really should have done better. Life has gotten in the way but that's no excuse.

On the bright side, I have my submission for the theatre review almost ready to submit. I need to go over it again in a few days before handing it over though.

Gail was out with her chums from her old work so I watched the fireworks display with her from the back window. We are in a lucky position to be able to see many of them around us but the weather was not the best - mostly drizzle - and so the cracking of the fireworks didn't seem to last as long as it has in recent years.

It's been a long couple of weeks - I'm hoping for a restful and recharging weekend. I also hope to get about 6 issues of HJ sent in to my editor as well as the theatre review so there is scope for it to be productive also.
Colin 3:07 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment